Lake Clark National Park & Preserve, Alaska (National Geographic: Trails Illustrated Maps #258) (Folded)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 258 in the National Geographic: Trails Illustrated Maps series.
- #251: Padre Island National Seashore (National Geographic: Trails Illustrated Maps #251) (Folded): Not available
- #402: Marco Island, Ten Thousand Islands (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map #402) (Folded): $16.45
- #503: Buffalo Creek Mountain Bike Trails (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map #503) (Folded): $11.95
- #737: Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map #737) (Folded): $16.45
- #750: Shawangunk Mountains (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map #750) (Folded): $16.45
- #763: Kachemak Bay State Park (National Geographic: Trails Illustrated Maps #763) (Folded): $16.45
- #787: Blacksburg, New River Valley [george Washington and Jefferson National Forests] (National Geographic: Trails Illustrated Maps #787) (Folded): $16.45
- #788: Covington, Alleghany Highlands [george Washington and Jefferson National Forests] (National Geographic: Trails Illustrated Maps #788) (Folded): $16.45
- #790: El Yunque National Forest (National Geographic: Trails Illustrated Maps #790) (Folded): $16.45
- #793: Clinch Ranger District [jefferson National Forest] (National Geographic: Trails Illustrated Maps #793) (Folded): $16.45
- #816: Big Basin, Santa Cruz (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map #816) (Folded): $16.45
- Waterproof - Tear-Resistant - Topographic Map
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Lake Clark National Park and Preserve was designed for outdoor enthusiasts seeking to explore this wilderness area at the base of the Alaska Peninsula. This expertly researched shaded relief map is the most comprehensive one available, providing an abundance of topographic, adventure and background information. Arrive in the park at one of the pinpointed landing areas, then wander along one of the few park trails, including historic native routes. Continue your expedition into the remote and vast wilderness using the map's contour lines, elevation, labeled peaks and summits, water features and selected waypoints.
The map covers Lake Clark National Park and Preserve in its entirety, including the natural features Telaquana Lake and Mountain; Turquoise, Twin, Snipe, Kontrashibuna and Tazimina Lakes; Tlikakila and Stony Rivers; Copper, Kijik, Neacola and Chigmit Mountains; and Keyes and Tanalian Points. Also covered are nearby McNeil River State Game Refuge and Sanctuary, northern Katmai National Preserve, Mulchatna River, Cook Inlet and Iliamna Lake, along with the many towns surrounding the lake. Valuable information is also provided about arriving in the park, trip planning, backpacking, rafting, hunting and fishing, as well as backcountry safety tips and contact information.
Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on Backcountry Tough waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
Other features found on this map include: Augustine Island, Battle Lake, Blockade Lake, Capps Glacier, Ch'akajabena Lake, Chilikadrotna River, Chinitna Bay, Chinitna Point, Chisik Island, Chokotonk River, Chulitna River, Crescent Lake, Drift River, Gagaryah River, Gibraltar Lake, Iliamna Lake, Iliamna Volcano, Iniskin Bay, Kakhonak Lake, Kamishak Bay, Katmai National Park, Katmai National Preserve, Kenibuna Lake, Koksetna River, Kukaklek Lake, Lake Clark, Lake Clark National Park, Lake Clark National Preserve, Little Underhill Creek, Long Lake, Mount Gerdine, Mount Spurr, Mount Torbert, Nikabuna Lakes, Pile River, Redoubt Bay, Redoubt Volcano, Tazimina Lakes, Telaquana Lake, Tlikakila River, Tordrillo Mountains, Triumvirate Glacier, Tundra Lake, Turquoise Lake, Tutna Lake, Tuxedni Bay, Tuxedni Glacier, Twin Lakes, Two Lakes, Ursus Cove, Whitefish Lake.Map Scale = 1:350,000Sheet Size = 25.5 x 37.75Folded Size = 4.25 x 9.25
This book is so fantastically unique and fills a niche for young readers that dearly needed to be filled. This book is about a young tiger who, with the help of her imaginary friend, fights off her nightmares that try to scare her at night. This book is empowering for those kids going through nightmares and wondering what to do.... Empowering, and also utterly delightful! Lovely illustrations and phenomenal storytelling, this book is one of my go-tos. Part graphic novel, part picture book, I absolutely adore Tiger Vs. Nightmare!!
(Ages 6+) - reviewed by Isabel