The Trials of Apollo Book One The Hidden Oracle (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Trials of Apollo series.
- #1 New York Times best-selling series
- Rick Riordan is considered the "storyteller of the gods" because of his five #1 New York Times bestselling series based on mythology
- A continuation of the Percy Jackson saga, but it also stands alone
- A new take on Greek and Roman mythology from the point of view of a fallen god
- Brings back beloved demigod characters from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series
- Introduces new demigods
- Villains are based on Roman emperors
- Features a diverse cast with people from all kinds of backgrounds and lifestyles
- Perfect for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
By making him human.
After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favor.
But Apollo has many enemies-gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.
About the Author
PRAISE FOR THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS
". . .fans will revel in the adventures, wit, and memorable characters found in this thundering conclusion to The Heroes of Olympus series."—Booklist Online
PRAISE FOR THE HOUSE OF HADES
"In this adventure, victories are hard-won and the essence of bravery nuanced, making the journey as satisfying as it is entertaining."—Kirkus
PRAISE FOR THE MARK OF ATHENA
"With a true storyteller's sense of pacing, Riordan creates another compelling adventure, right down to the cliff-hanger at the end. Stay tuned for volume four."—Booklist
PRAISE FOR THE SON OF NEPTUNE
"Fans will find plenty to cheer about as Percy and his allies move slowly toward fulfilling the mysterious Prophecy of Seven."—Booklist
PRAISE FOR THE LOST HERO
"Readers longing for a return to Camp Half-Blood will get their wish.... ...the action scenes come frequently as the three heroic teens fight monstrous enemies in North American locales..... Flashes of humor lighten the mood at times, but a tone of urgency and imminent danger seems as integral to this series as the last. With appealing new characters within a familiar framework, this spin-off will satisfy the demand for more."—Booklist
A fantastic book featuring a black, female, and queer main character! This story takes you to the heart of romance as Alice explores relationships and the different ways she expresses her love of others and how those around her express their love for her. Perfect teen romance. - Jessica