The Arts: A Visual Encyclopedia (Hardcover)
The greatest art exhibition at your fingertips! Packed with fascinating facts, clear explanations, and stunning photography, this awe-inspiring art encyclopedia for kids aged 9-12 years takes you on a magical tour through time exploring every artistic style and movement in stunning detail. From Leonardo da Vinci's iconic Mona Lisa to Vincent van Gogh's spectacular The Starry Night, this art history book celebrates the lives of groundbreaking artists and their most famous art masterpieces.
Get to grips with world-famous sculptures, such as the ancient Chinese Terracotta Army and Henry Moore's beautiful bronze casts. Then find out about photography, from the development of the camera to pioneering photographers such as Johannes Vermeer and Julia Margaret Cameron. Designed for both parents and children to enjoy together, this bestselling book on art history is guaranteed to encourage a love of art through the generations.
Celebrate your child's creativity as they explore:
- “Artist profiles" explore the lives & major works of key painters, sculptors, photographers, musicians, & dancers.
- Our "Closer look" pages delve deeper into a work of art, highlighting technique, detail, and symbols.
- Stunning double-page spreads feature important works of art in full color.
- Striking visual artworks and photographs are all clearly explained and annotated.
- Easily accessible & age-appropriate text covers key curriculum topics
- Number 1 Best Seller in Children’s Books on Art History
From ancient cave paintings to modern-day street art, this gorgeously illustrated art book for children traces the development of painting, sculpture, and photography through the ages. It's the ultimate introduction to the world of art for kids! A must-have volume for children curious about the arts, as well as parents, carers and educators seeking an accessible and visually-engaging encyclopedia for children all about art history.