Fox & Chick: The Party: and Other Stories (Paperback)
A 2019 Theodor Seuss Geisel Award honoree and 2019 ALA Notable Children's Book, now in paperback!
Join the dynamic duo as they learn to appreciate their differences:Fox and Chick don't always agree, but Fox and Chick are always friends.
With sly humor and companionable warmth, Sergio Ruzzier deftly captures the adventures of these seemingly opposite friends.
• Teaches a lesson about accepting and cherishing our differences through sweet and funny characters as they embark on silly adventures
• Luminous watercolor illustrations in comic-book panel form entice emerging readers, keeping them engaged and wanting more.
• Sergio Ruzzier is a Sendak Fellow whose work has been lauded by the Society of Illustrators,Communication Arts, and the Society of Publication Designers.
This hilarious, rollicking read was an NPR Best Book of the Year, a New York Times Notable Children's Book, and a Boston Globe Best Book of the Year.
With spare text and airy images, this early chapter book is also accessible to a picture book audience.
• Great family and classroom read-aloud book for endless giggles
• Perfect for children ages 5 to 8 years old
• Ideal for early and emergent readers
• Add it to the shelf with books like There Is a Bird on Your Head! by Mo Willems, Mercy Watson to the Rescue by Kate DiCamillo, Hi! Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold.
Illegal is a poignantly moving story with a rich cast of characters, deeply relevant storylines, and rich with the deepest human kindness and endurance. Not without touches of levity and joy, but emotionally impactful where its important, we follow a young boy on his search for his brother, trying desperately to keep his family together when it seems the world is set on tearing him and his siblings apart in the search for a better life. Heartbreaking and hopeful, this story about the journey of an illegal immigrant hits fast and hard, with severe social importance at this time in our world. - reviewed by Isabel