Fox & Chick: The Quiet Boat Ride and Other Stories (Early Chapter for Kids, Books about Friendship, Preschool Picture Books) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Fox & Chick series.
The second book in the lauded Fox & Chick series
Opposite personalities attract for these two unlikely friends: In the second book of this lauded series, Fox and Chick are off on three new adventures involving a boat ride, a mysterious box, and an early morning trip to see the sunrise. Despite the antics ensuing from their different personalities, the contradictory duo always manages to have fun together.
- This early chapter book in comic-book form is perfect for emerging readers, while the sweet and funny characters and captivating art hold appeal for picture book audiences as well.
- Inspires conversation about accepting and appreciating each other's differences.
- Sergio Ruzzier is a Sendak Fellow whose work has been praised by the Society of Illustrators, Communication Arts, and the Society of Publication Designers.
Sweet and funny characters and appealing art are the backdrop for an important lesson in appreciating the differences among friends.
- Great read aloud book for family or elementary story time
- Books for kids ages 5-8
- Books for early and emergent readers
About the Author
Sergio Ruzzier is a Sendak Fellow whose work has been praised by the Society of Illustrators, Communication Arts, and the Society of Publication Designers. Born in Milan, Italy, he now makes his home in Brooklyn, New York.
"A perfect choice for those who have graduated from new reader materials but aren't quite ready for lengthier chapter books. Highly recommend for purchase." - School Library Journal, starred review
"Echoes the poignant if occasionally antagonistic friendships of such odd couples as Arnold Lobel's Frog and Toad. bringing the gentle message of learning to live with, and even appreciate, one another's quirks." —Kirkus Reviews
A beautifully illustrated non-fiction book that is perfect for those kids who always ask "why?". A perfect book for teachers but also sweet enough to read every night as a bedtime story. The more often you read it, the better you will be at reading large numbers! Has a wonderfully accessible back matter page. - Jessica