Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Whatever After series.
- #1: Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After Special Edition #1) (Paperback): $6.99
- #2: If the Shoe Fits (Whatever After #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Sink or Swim (Whatever After #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Dream On (Whatever After #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Bad Hair Day (Whatever After #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Beauty Queen (Whatever After #7) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #8: Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Sugar and Spice (Whatever After #10) (Paperback): $5.99
- #11: Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After #11) (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: Seeing Red (Whatever After #12) (Paperback): $5.99
- #13: Spill the Beans (Whatever After #13) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #14: Good as Gold (Whatever After #14) (Hardcover): $14.99
When my brother, Jonah, and I travel through our mirror into the story of Aladdin, we're excited. There will be magic lamps and genies granting wishes. Right?
The genie we meet isn't QUITE as helpful as we expected. And if Aladdin's wishes don't come true, he won't get to marry the princess and live happily ever after!
Now we have to:
- Escape an enchanted cave
- Find forty buckets of jewels
- Plan a parade
- Learn to fly a magic carpet
Otherwise we'll run out of wishes... and never get home!
About the Author
"An uproariously funny read. The swift pace of the tale and non-stop action . . . will enchant readers from the first page." -- Kirkus Reviews
"Hilarious . . . with unexpected plot twists and plenty of girl power." -- Booklist
"Giddy, fizzy, hilarious fun!" -- Lauren Myracle, author of Luv Ya Bunches
"Tons of fractured fairy tale fun!" -- Meg Cabot, author of Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls and The Princess Diaries
"The feminist in me adored it, and the mother in me loved how my daughter would long to cuddle in close as we read together." -- Danielle Herzog, blogging for The Washington Post
This fantastic series opener about Indigenous foster kids set in Canada - - will creep into your soul, thump thump thump, like a beating drum or eagle wings taking flight or your pounding heartbeat – in this Narnia-inspired fantasy . 13 year old Morgan has seen it all as she has bounced around after a succession of failed foster homes since very early childhood. She reluctantly has agreed to her foster parents to help watch 12-year old new foster child – Eli – as he navigates middle school, where she comes to discover his amazing drawing talent. As kids tend to do when bored, they enter the attic at home that has an unexplained painted-over doorway, and whoosh…….in comes the cold, frost and snow from beyond. Joseph’s drawing of a winter forest has come alive including talking and walking squirrels, fishers and bears, among other animal elders. - review by Maureen