Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Whatever After series.
- #1: Fairest of All (Whatever After #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: If the Shoe Fits (Whatever After #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Sink or Swim (Whatever After #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Dream On (Whatever After #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Bad Hair Day (Whatever After #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Beauty Queen (Whatever After #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Sugar and Spice (Whatever After #10) (Paperback): $5.99
- #11: Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After #11) (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: Seeing Red (Whatever After #12) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #13: Spill the Beans (Whatever After #13) (Hardcover): $14.99
Except we do wind up going through the mirror, this time into the story of The Frog Prince. The princess, who's supposed to transform the cute little frog back into a handsome prince, turns out to be super rude. Jonah and I decide we don't want -- or need -- her help. We can take matters into our own hands and turn the frog into a prince ourselves! Can't we?
Now we just have to:
- Climb out of a smelly well
- Canoe over a waterfall
- Sneak into a palace
- Kiss a frog (ack)!
And there's no time to waste -- let's hop to it!
About the Author
"An uproariously funny read. The swift pace of the tale and non-stop action . . . will enchant readers from the first page." -- Kirkus Reviews
"Hilarious . . . with unexpected plot twists and plenty of girl power." -- Booklist
"Giddy, fizzy, hilarious fun!" -- Lauren Myracle, author of Luv Ya Bunches
"Tons of fractured fairy tale fun!" -- Meg Cabot, author of Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls and The Princess Diaries
"The feminist in me adored it, and the mother in me loved how my daughter would long to cuddle in close as we read together." -- Danielle Herzog, blogging for The Washington Post
Sophronia Angelina Temminnick spends her days running around on adventures in her family’s Victorian country home in a very un-ladylike manner. So to prepare her to enter society as she becomes a young woman, her family enrolls her into Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality. But the school isn’t what Sophronia expects… firstly, it’s not in any sort of building but a giant, floating dirigible! Although she and her new classmates do learn dance, dress, and etiquette, she soon realizes that the school is also an academy to use feminine guiles for more sinister aims like espionage, manipulation, and even assassination! Sophronia’s lessons at Mademoiselle Geraldine’s include learning how to poison with proper tea service and the ins and outs of the aristocracy from a Vampire. With the author’s dry humor and wit, this series both celebrates and satirizes the steam punk world. An exciting, saucy, and hilarious read! - Linnea