Depth of Winter: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the A Longmire Mystery series.
- #1: The Cold Dish: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: Death Without Company: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: Kindness Goes Unpunished: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Another Man's Moccasins: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Dark Horse: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: Junkyard Dogs: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: Hell Is Empty: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: As the Crow Flies: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #9: A Serpent's Tooth: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: Any Other Name: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: Dry Bones: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: An Obvious Fact: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: The Western Star: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: Land of Wolves: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #16: Next to Last Stand: A Longmire Mystery (Hardcover): $28.00
- #17: Daughter of the Morning Star: A Longmire Mystery (Hardcover): $28.00
“It’s the scenery—and the big guy standing in front of the scenery—that keeps us coming back to Craig Johnson’s lean and leathery mysteries.”
—The New York Times Book Review
Walt journeys into the northern Mexican desert alone to save his daughter Cady, who has been kidnapped by the cartel
Welcome to Walt Longmire's worst nightmare. Winter is creeping closer, but for Sheriff Longmire this one is looking to be harsh in a way to which he is wholly unaccustomed. He has found himself in the remotest parts of the northern Mexican desert, a lawless place where no horse or car can travel, where no one speaks his language or trusts an outsider, far from his friends and his home turf back in Wyoming. But desperate times call for desperate measures. Tomas Bidarte, the head of one of the most vicious drug cartels in Mexico, has kidnapped Walt's beloved daughter, Cady. The American government is of limited help and the Mexican one even less so. Armed with his trusty Colt .45 and a father's intuition, Walt must head into the 110-degree heat of the desert, one man against an army.
About the Author
Craig Johnson is the New York Times bestselling author of the Longmire mysteries, the basis for the hit Netflix original series Longmire. He is the recipient of the Western Writers of America Spur Award for fiction, the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Award for fiction, the Nouvel Observateur Prix du Roman Noir, and the Prix SNCF du Polar. His novella Spirit of Steamboat was the first One Book Wyoming selection. He lives in Ucross, Wyoming, population 25.
Praise for Depth of Winter
“Harrowing . . . Johnson is in fine form.”
—Publishers Weekly (starred)
“This is a rip-roaring adventure, and if Longmire seems uncannily able to recover from blows to the head and other injuries that would disable a lesser man, well, that's what it takes to defeat this ‘monster among monsters.’ The sheriff as the spirit of Quixote, riding a mule to the rescue.”
"Crack dialogue, smart humor, mystical realism, strong sense of place and colorful, complex characters."
"It’s a new setting for Longmire, but old scores are settled in this page-turner fans will love."
“This is one hell of a book. . . Depth of Winter is a great new novel by the fabulous Craig Johnson. For longtime fans of the Walt Longmire series, this book will, without doubt, be a true gem to read.”
Praise for Craig Johnson and the Longmire series
“Like the greatest crime novelists, Johnson is a student of human nature. Walt Longmire is strong but fallible, a man whose devil-may-care stoicism masks a heightened sensitivity to the horrors he’s witnessed.”
—Los Angeles Times
“Johnson’s trademarks [are] great characters, witty banter, serious sleuthing, and a love of Wyoming bigger than a stack of derelict cars.”
—The Boston Globe
“Stepping into Walt’s world is like slipping on a favorite pair of slippers, and it’s where those slippers lead that provides a thrill. Johnson pens a series that should become a ‘must’ read, so curl up, get comfortable, and enjoy the ride.”
—The Denver Post
“Johnson’s hero only gets better—both at solving cases and at hooking readers—with age.”
An utterly delightful rom-com that has thoughtful Janna, soon to be starting college in the fall, coordinating her brother's almost-wedding ceremony with friends, family and a trio of possible love interests. A hysterically funny first chapter -- literally laugh-out-loud - will pull readers in immediately to stand by Janna as she navigates her faith, family struggles and heart in this strong follow-up sequel to her debut Saints and Misfits. - Reviewed by Maureen