A Serpent's Tooth: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the A Longmire Mystery series.
- #1: The Cold Dish: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: Death Without Company: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #3: Kindness Goes Unpunished: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Another Man's Moccasins: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Dark Horse: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: Junkyard Dogs: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: Hell Is Empty: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: As the Crow Flies: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: Any Other Name: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: Dry Bones: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: An Obvious Fact: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: The Western Star: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: Depth of Winter: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: Land of Wolves: A Longmire Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #16: Next to Last Stand: A Longmire Mystery (Hardcover): $28.00
“It’s the scenery—and the big guy standing in front of the scenery—that keeps us coming back to Craig Johnson’s lean and leathery mysteries.”
—The New York Times Book Review
The ninth Longmire book from the New York Times bestselling author of Land of Wolves
It’s homecoming for the Durant Dogies when Cord Lynear, a Mormon “lost boy” forced off his compound for rebellious behavior, shows up in Absaroka County. Without much guidance, divine or otherwise, Sheriff Walt Longmire, Victoria Moretti, and Henry Standing Bear search for the boy’s mother and find themselves on a high-plains scavenger hunt that ends at the barbed-wire doorstep of an interstate polygamy group. Run by four-hundred-pound Roy Lynear, Cord’s father, the group is frighteningly well armed and very good at keeping secrets.
Walt’s got Cord locked up for his own good, but the Absaroka County jailhouse is getting crowded since the arrival of the boy’s self-appointed bodyguard, a dangerously spry old man who claims to be blessed by Joseph Smith himself. As Walt, Vic, and Henry butt heads with the Lynears, they hear whispers of Big Oil and the CIA and fear they might be dealing with a lot more than they bargained for.
About the Author
Craig Johnson is the New York Times bestselling author of the Longmire mysteries, the basis for the hit Netflix original series Longmire. He is the recipient of the Western Writers of America Spur Award for fiction, the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Award for fiction, the Nouvel Observateur Prix du Roman Noir, and the Prix SNCF du Polar. His novella Spirit of Steamboat was the first One Book Wyoming selection. He lives in Ucross, Wyoming, population twenty-five.
“Suspense propels the brisk plot, complemented by a sly sense of humor and a breathtaking look at Wyoming.”—Publishers Weekly (Starred)
"Authentic....The story moves at a brisk pace, with room for some good-natured humor and plenty of gorgeous Wyoming scenery."—CNN.com
This book remains one of my all-time favorite books ever. This story is told in such a strikingly intimate way, you are pulled right into the time of the Trojan war, into a time of heroes and legends, and most of all, you're privy to a love story so epic and deep that it will hold your heart forever. What's more, Madeline Miller's writing is just the most pleasurable thing to read; she writes in such a way that feels as if she wrote it just for your eyes to read. You feel the wind in your hair on warm beaches, your heels kicking up sand; you feel the sticky sap of figs as you bit into their sweetness; you feel the cool spring light filtered through tall forest trees; and most of all, you see the world through the eyes and heart of young Patroclus, as he discovers the mighty hero Achilles and begins their stunning journey together, and their love story for the ages.
(Adult Fiction) - reviewed by Isabel